ame on their 22nd play from same on their 22nd play from s | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
q123
q123 Apr 15
NASSAU, Bahamas -- Tiger Woods did not finish the Hero World Challenge as he would have wanted, shooting a final-round 76 that included a double-bogey at the 18th hole. Nike Air Max Plus Buy Online .But those details will be lost amid a bigger picture that saw the 14-time major champion complete 72 holes in a golf tournament for the first time since August 2015 due to multiple back surgeries.Woods finished 15th in the 17-player field, and his final-round 76 was the highest score of any player during the week, but he more than held his own when many wondered if he might embarrass himself. Woods made 24 birdies for the week -- more than any player in the field other than winner Hideki Matsuyama.It feels good to be back out here playing again, competing and trying to beat the best players in the world, Woods said. I missed it. I love it. Ive been doing it for a very long time, and this stretch where Ive been off for almost a year and a half has been rough, and the last few years have been rough. Ive had some very, very difficult times and have some great friends that have helped me over the times to get me to this point, and Im just so thankful to be back here playing again.Woods made three double-bogeys Sunday, derailing any chance to move into a higher position. Two of them came on par-5s, and he had three other bogeys on those scoring holes. Matsuyama, in contrast, shot 2 under on those holes. That 9-shot swing is one area Woods will need to correct going forward.?Its kind of new to me again, said Woods, 40, who has won 79 PGA Tour titles -- the last coming in 2013. The feel of playing, the feel of adrenaline in my system, hitting shots. This wind is not forgiving, you miss the ball, and youre in a bush somewhere. Its tough. But I felt like I did some really positive things. Im pleased about that, and I just need to clean it up.For the week, Woods made 24 birdies, 8 bogeys and 6 double-bogeys. He finished 14 strokes behind Matsuyama, the Japanese star who has now won four of his past five starts worldwide, including two in Japan. The non-win was a second-place finish.Thats the kind of golf Woods used to play. He described what Matsuyama is doing as daunting and hes one of the players that were going to have to beat for a long time.Woods caddie, Joe LaCava, was far from concerned about Woods beating anyone this week. Having sat out for over a year, too -- and having caddied for another player with a back problem, Fred Couples, for years -- LaCava was looking for more modest success.I thought it was good, LaCava said. Hes upright, No. 1. You laugh, but thats good. I love the fact he was hitting a lot of shots that he was picturing in his mind, like right-to-left wind and hitting a little hold-up cut shot with mid-irons and hitting the little low, semi-stinger with the longer irons. And when we were downwind, getting the ball up in the air and bombing it.There were plenty of good shots, plenty of good things to take away from here. I think hes on his way.Woods said he will take the next two weeks off at home to rest, recover and work on getting his weight up after a recent illness. Then it will be back to work, testing clubs and trying again to get his game in shape while also settling on a schedule for the early part of 2017.Ill consider a lot of things, but I would like in my heart of hearts to play a full schedule next year, he said. I really want to play. And one of my goals is I told our captain [Steve Stricker] I want to be more than an assistant [for the Presidents Cup]. I hope for the next year I can start playing more events.The good thing is that because I have been away for so long, everything I do here, I just keep accruing points. Nothings falling off. So if I play halfway decent, Ill keep climbing quickly, and if I happen to have a couple wins in there, Ill jump up really fast.Woods, who began the week 898th in the world, is projected to earn enough world ranking points from this tournament to move to around 650th. Nike Air Max Plus Sale . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Cheap Nike Air Max Plus . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. http://www.airmaxplusoutlet.com/ . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. SALEM, Va. -- Blake Jackson knew that, more than usual, Mary Hardin-Baylors fortunes were going to be in his control with the NCAA Division III title at stake.The dual-threat quarterback embraced it, running for 119 yards and a touchdown and leading the Crusaders to a 10-7 victory over Wisconsin-Oshkosh in the Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl on Friday night for their first football national championship.I like the pressure. I like the challenge, the senior said. Thank you to the coaches for believing in me.Jackson carried 28 times for the Crusaders (15-0), and completed 16 of 27 passes for 171 yards with an interception. The Crusaders virtually ignored running back Markeith Miller, who arrived with nearly 1,500 yards rushing, but gained just 11 on nine carries.We had trouble running the ball, coach Pete Fredenburg, who started the Crusaders program 19 years ago, said. Blake took up the slack. We felt like he was going to have to be the catalyst for our offense.Jacksons touchdown came on a 1-yard run with 3:16 left in the second quarter, and was the final score of the game.There was a ton of athletes out there tonight on both sides of the ball, Titans coach Pat Cerroni said. Great athletes, but No. 7 (Jackson) was exceptional.Dylan Hecker ran 2 yards to give the Titans (13-2) a 7-0 lead after just 6:22, but Oshkosh could never find that rhythm again. The Titans drove to the Crusaders 35 in the final minute, but Matt Cody intercepted Brett Kaspers fourth-and-10 pass from the 35 to clinch the victory.Dont drop it, Cody said he thought as the clinching play came spiraling toward him.Kasper finished 20 for 33 for 185 yards with two interceptions. The Titans were held to 30 rushing yards on 29 attempts.The Titans were playing in the championship game for the first time. Mary Hardin-Baylor lost in its only previous appearance in 2004.THE TAKEAWAYMary Hardin-Baylor: Jackson and the offense get the credit for scoring poinnts, but the Crusaders defense held the Titans scoreless after the offense turned it over three times -- at midfield, at the Crusaders 27 and at the Titans 6 while looking for a cushion touchdown. Nike Air Max Plus Outlet. The defense also stopped Oshkosh three times on fourth down -- twice inside the Crusaders 30 and then on the games penultimate play.Wis.-Oshkosh: The Titans run a modified 3-4 defense, with virtually no pass rush, and it backfired on them in the first quarter when the Crusaders used a 20-play, 66-yard drive to get their first points on a 22-yard field goal by John Mowery. On the drive, Jackson ran around behind the line unchallenged, at times finding receivers downfield and other times running through gaps for yardage. The Crusaders converted their first five third downs on the drive before settling for the field goal.BIG KICKJohn Mowerys 22-yard field goal was the difference, and he seemed like a liability to the Crusaders coming in.Hes made just 8 of 15 field goal tries on the season, with a long of 42, but was true when a 20-play drive stalled at the Titans 5.Mowery later missed a 19-yard try, while Oshkosh, whose kicker Eli Wettstein was 16 for 22 on the season with a long of 50, was left on the sidelines for the Titans final play. A field goal try would have been a career-best 52-yarder.MISCELLANYJaedon Johnsons interception for Mary Hardin-Baylor was their 33rd of the season. Codys was their 34th. ... Heckers touchdown run was his 17th of the season, but he finished with just 29 yards on 13 carries. ... Millers first touch for the Crusaders came on their 22nd play from scrimmage, and he was stopped without a gain. ... In a game that tied for the second-lowest scoring in Stagg Bowl history, the Crusaders finished 11 for 18 on third down and the Titans were 8 for 17. ' ' '